It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 pm 
Power Forward

Howie Hodge wrote:
I have a feeling Rivet's shoulders are pretty shot, and he has been advised/told not to fight. He was a very willing combatent when he first arrived.

His enforcer role needs to be taken over by someone who is a good scrapper. Goose and Montador will drop the gloves; but neither is a match for the league's better fighters, as illustrated last Saturday. (And I'm not even sure Thornton is a heavyweight bruiser himself....)

All I want for Christmas is a true heavyweight - and don't put up any of those disgusting four hundred pound thong pictures Howie!!

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Wyohomeboy wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
I have a feeling Rivet's shoulders are pretty shot, and he has been advised/told not to fight. He was a very willing combatent when he first arrived.

His enforcer role needs to be taken over by someone who is a good scrapper. Goose and Montador will drop the gloves; but neither is a match for the league's better fighters, as illustrated last Saturday. (And I'm not even sure Thornton is a heavyweight bruiser himself....)

All I want for Christmas is a true heavyweight - and don't put up any of those disgusting four hundred pound thong pictures Howie!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on Howie, put em up there lol

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 pm 
Star Sniper

slesh wrote:
Wyohomeboy wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

I actually would take my chances with our top six forwards in a fight; wouldn't you? :?: :lol:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 pm 
Star Sniper

Seriously, let's call up Cowan to replace Hecht on the 3rd line. Dude can slug with the best of them.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 pm 
Power Forward

End The Curse wrote:
Seriously, let's call up Cowan to replace Hecht on the 3rd line. Dude can slug with the best of them.

i wouldn't argue with that....i bet there would be a good chance cowan cold match hecht's total of 1 goal in 14 games too

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 pm 
Superstar Goalie

MakinItLookMean wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

i wouldn't argue with that....i bet there would be a good chance cowan cold match hecht's total of 1 goal in 14 games too

Can Cowan kill penalties though?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 pm 
Star Sniper

We're like 50th in the league at killing penalties. I'll take my chances that we can replace Jokenin.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:12 am 
Captain Dynasty

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Cowan.

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 am 
Power Forward

Howie Hodge wrote:
slesh wrote:
Wyohomeboy wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

I actually would take my chances with our top six forwards in a fight; wouldn't you? :?: :lol:

Perhaps a cage match with Richard Simmons vs Derek Roy? :lol: :lol:
or Drew Stafford vs Danny Bonaducci

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 am 
Star Sniper

The smart money's riding on Bonaducci...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am 
Captain Clutch

I am really late into this topic but did Mair clear waviers??

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:18 am 
Star Sniper

He cleared waivers (unclaimed) and remains with the club - Was not sent down to Portland.

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:21 am 
Captain Clutch

icehound wrote:
He cleared waivers (unclaimed) and remains with the club - Was not sent down to Portland.

So a pointless wavier move :x ?? Why not put Hecht on waviers, someone might pick him up.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

patkane88 wrote:
So a pointless wavier move :x ?? Why not put Hecht on waviers, someone might pick him up.

I don't think it was pointless.

Mair is the odd man out right now. He's not going to see the ice unless there is an injury to someone. Since he wasn't sent to Portland after clearing waivers, we know that this wasn't done for cap reasons. The only thing left to assume is that the organization wanted to give Mair the opportunity to play somewhere that he'd be able to get on the ice, and not just sit in the press box. Putting him on waivers allowed him that chance, he just didn't find any takers.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:29 pm 
Penalty Killer

patkane88 wrote:
icehound wrote:

If nobody would pick up Mair on a one year deal at less than $1m, what makes you think that anyone would pick up Hecht's multi-year multi-million dollar deal?

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:25 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

I don't think it was pointless.

Mair is the odd man out right now. He's not going to see the ice unless there is an injury to someone. Since he wasn't sent to Portland after clearing waivers, we know that this wasn't done for cap reasons. The only thing left to assume is that the organization wanted to give Mair the opportunity to play somewhere that he'd be able to get on the ice, and not just sit in the press box. Putting him on waivers allowed him that chance, he just didn't find any takers.

This may well be true. Also, maybe they just don't want to pay his salary if he's sitting in the press box. Even if it's not a cap issue, it's still a good chunk of change to spend on a what-if scenario.

Also, also, I know there is a stipulation of the waiving team having to pay half the salary on re-entry waivers, but I don't know if it applies in this situation(or if it effects cap). If so, I'm sure any team that values Mair will wait to pick him up if he's recalled. If anyone can clarify here, please do. Thanx.

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm 
Captain Clutch

Jim Bob wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
icehound wrote:

If nobody would pick up Mair on a one year deal at less than $1m, what makes you think that anyone would pick up Hecht's multi-year multi-million dollar deal?

Hecht actually has some offesive upside unlike Mair.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am 
Penalty Killer

patkane88 wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Hecht is like Nylander and Nylander cleared with nobody touching him.

There are not enough teams with the cap space needed to pick up Hecht who counts $3.525M against the cap and is signed through 2011-12.

And as far as offensive upside, Hecht is on pace for a 10 goal, 20 point season.

Yeah, $3.5M for 20 pts is worth it......

:dance:

slesh
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Jim Bob wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Jim Bob wrote:
patkane88 wrote:

Hecht is like Nylander and Nylander cleared with nobody touching him.

There are not enough teams with the cap space needed to pick up Hecht who counts $3.525M against the cap and is signed through 2011-12.

And as far as offensive upside, Hecht is on pace for a 10 goal, 20 point season.

Yeah, $3.5M for 20 pts is worth it......

:dance:

Darcy signed him, Ruff wanted him, the fans can't stand him and his dog left him :lol: .
What to do with Hecht, I believe they should force him to do off season reality TV shows, Jon and Kate + 8 are looking for a replacement for Jon :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9