It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 am 
Page Side

Saw it on their facebook page this morning.

One of our goalies have the flu, or is something else going on?

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am 
Superstar Goalie

Either way, if there is something on the go or if one has the flu, we're screwed. If Lalime is on the move and he is brought up and starts, with the way he's played in the A we're screwed. If Miller is the one who is sick with the flu and Lalime is starting, we know how the team plays infront of him. It could end up being a very long night at HSBC... :(

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 am 
Star Sniper

Well, we know it wasn't a promotion based on his shaky start. I wonder if this is why Lalime didn't play last game...according to WGR it's because Patty has a groin pull.

Please, Darcy, trade Lydman or Tallinder to the Isles for Marty while he's in town.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am 
Superstar Goalie

End The Curse wrote:
Well, we know it wasn't a promotion based on his shaky start. I wonder if this is why Lalime didn't play last game...according to WGR it's because Patty has a groin pull.

Please, Darcy, trade Lydman or Tallinder to the Isles for Marty while he's in town.

If this were to happenETC, I'm pretty sure I would shit all over myself with excitement, lol.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 am 
Star Sniper

BTW...

Quote:
Rick gets a big crowd

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/isl ... -1.1561761

Monday November 2, 2009 9:49 AM By Katie Strang

Rehabbing goaltender Rick DiPietro is working with goalie coach Sudsie Maharaj and taking shots against Rob Schremp before the Islanders take the ice for their morning skate. About 850 students are in the stands to watch practice today, so this is likely the biggest crowd Rick has been in front of since the last game he played. Hopefully there aren't any hecklers out there to distract him, but otherwise he's looking pretty mobile.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am 
Star Sniper

Sudsie Maharaj?

....Sudsie Maharaj?

Sudsie?

Maharaj?

...done seen it all....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am 
Captain Dynasty

AudSabres wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

If this were to happenETC, I'm pretty sure I would shit all over myself with excitement, lol.

I dunno, Tallinder's been pretty solid lately, I'd almost be more willing to get rid of Lydman.

We know the Isles are rebuilding and need some youth. We could try Sekara+ pick/prospect for Marty. Then try and deal Lalime to someone for pick/prospect when he's healthy.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 am 
Superstar Goalie

icehound wrote:
Sudsie Maharaj?

....Sudsie Maharaj?

Sudsie?

Maharaj?

mr. miyagi??

Damn son, he's gettin super cool ninja training!

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 am 
Page Side

The Buffalo Sabres have called up Jhonas Enroth for tonight's game against the New York Islanders. WGR's Paul Hamilton is at today's morning skate, and will soon have an update as to why the move was necessary.

A Swedish website is reporting that Enroth is coming up to join the Sabres for the second time in his career in order spell Patrick Lalime who is battling groin trouble.

Enroth has played 10 of the last 12 games for Portland, but the results have been less than spectacular. The Pirates are giving up more goals than any team in the AHL, with Enroth's save percentage at .872, and his GAA at 3.90.

Stay tuned for more on this story, at the conclusion of today's morning skate which started at 10 AM.

-WGR

So it's true. Lalime is battling groin problems.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 am 
Superstar Goalie

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
The Buffalo Sabres have called up Jhonas Enroth for tonight's game against the New York Islanders. WGR's Paul Hamilton is at today's morning skate, and will soon have an update as to why the move was necessary.

A Swedish website is reporting that Enroth is coming up to join the Sabres for the second time in his career in order spell Patrick Lalime who is battling groin trouble.

Enroth has played 10 of the last 12 games for Portland, but the results have been less than spectacular. The Pirates are giving up more goals than any team in the AHL, with Enroth's save percentage at .872, and his GAA at 3.90.

Stay tuned for more on this story, at the conclusion of today's morning skate which started at 10 AM.

-WGR

So it's true. Lalime is battling groin problems.

Lesser of two evils I guess. Last I checked, groin problems aren't as contagious as swine. As long as Miller doesn't come down with swine we're in good shape. But we're going to need another solid backup. This early in the season and given Patty's lower body status after last season, sorry Pat, I think it's time we start looking in other directions for a backup.

Although there is little chance of it, I think we should be looking across NY State to Long Island to the guy who wears a killer replica of Battlin Billy Smiths mask. Biron, I believe is his name?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 am 
Star Sniper

Lalime is finished... We seriously need a quality backup, and soon. Being an Olympic year we just can't afford to fuck around with this. Darcy, Larry you should have made a fucking offseason move or signed Telqvist when Lalime required double hip surgery after the season.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 am 
Page Side

End The Curse wrote:
Lalime is finished... We seriously need a quality backup, and soon. Being an Olympic year we just can't afford to fuck around with this. Darcy, Larry you should have made a fucking offseason move or signed Telqvist when Lalime required double hip surgery after the season.

They won't do it until the Sabres play a good game in front of him and we lose.

TRBirdman
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 am 
Brawler

rbochan wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
...So it's true. Lalime is battling save percentage problems.

Fixed.

Perfect. ;)

Lalime seems like a really good guy, but gotta agree that he's done. I don't blame Ruff at all for having no confidence in him. Sorry Patty.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:51 am 
Mrs. Miller

Enroth's facebook status (yes, I'm friends with him on Facebook...don't judge me) said last night, "Buffalo :)" and I was like, "Whaaa??" and people were writing on his wall wishing him good luck...I was going to make a thread about it last night but I didn't think someone's Facebook status was enough to go by haha.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:09 pm 
Superstar Goalie

"Ruff said if Lalime is not ready to play by the weekend, Enroth will make his season debut."

WTF!? We're possibly starting him against either the Bruins or the Flyers? I know Miller needs some time off here and there, but don't you want your #1 in the net against some of the top teams in the east?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 pm 
Star Sniper

AudSabres wrote:
"Ruff said if Lalime is not ready to play by the weekend, Enroth will make his season debut."

WTF!? We're possibly starting him against either the Bruins or the Flyers? I know Miller needs some time off here and there, but don't you want your #1 in the net against some of the top teams in the east?

FYI, the Bruins are near the cellar right now. Hey, if the kid is gonna play, make it on the back end of 3 games in 4 nights when Miller needs the rest.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

I still think he's a fine goalie, and has all the tools to make it in this league. Fast glove hand, good positioning, great vision; his stats in the AHL are more representative of the lack of "potency" the Pirates have this year, more than a reflection on him. I think he'll be just fine, and I feel like Lalime may be out sooner than later.

Squanto 7/27/2010

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm 
Superstar Goalie

End The Curse wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

FYI, the Bruins are near the cellar right now. Hey, if the kid is gonna play, make it on the back end of 3 games in 4 nights when Miller needs the rest.

This is true. B's are low on the food chain. But if you could pick one team down there that can crawl out (or has the potential to do so) of the basement, I'd put my money on them over a team like the Leafs any day. Granted, there have been upsets with lower placed team running the board on much higher placed ones, I guess I just wish we had somewhat an easier schedule to ease him in. I guess if he is to be around for some time depending on Lalime's status, might as well toss him in against a team that can test him.

If the team plays as they have infront of our goalies the last while, man, he will be tested for sure!

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm 
Superstar Goalie

rbochan wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
...So it's true. Lalime is battling save percentage problems.

Fixed.

What about Enroth's save percentage issues? :think:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

We may finally get to hear "My Name is Jonas" played at HSBC :D

Also, goddamn do I wish the Sabres had signed Tellqvist...he was SOLID for a backup, for what little time they had him.