It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 pm 
Page Side

icehound wrote:
On a more ruthless/business-like/competitive team, he'd get sent down to the minors, or waived...It's a very bad start for a supposed team-leader and a veteran.

Hey may still be. I know that Ruff and Darcy like to talk a lot, but they did say that they'd look at that situation if they're out performed by our younger guys.

Los9090
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:57 pm 
Superstar Goalie

End The Curse wrote:
He's an unsalvageable waste who needs to be terminated from the roster.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:02 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Haha nice

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:50 pm 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
Irony, I don't doubt you know hockey, but I don't think you know Sabres hockey very if you believe Hecht is worth giving all those benefits of the doubt. He's completely worthless, and showing up to camp fat and unprepared just seals the deal.

This is not a touchy feely class where we look beyond our flaws and learn to love one another. It's professional hockey, and you don't get slack for slacking. He's an unsalvageable waste who needs to be terminated from the roster.

and thats fine. but im still waiting it out to see if maybe, just maybe, it was a bad season and nothing more. id hate to see him go, picked up by a team, and see him back to where he was a few seasons ago for someone else, while someone like gerbe or kennedy, who may not be ready yet, fumble the opportunity.

Markus
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 pm 
Power Forward

It is so hard seeing Hecht play and see Paille in the press box. Paille had a TERRIBLE season last year, but he is part of our future and atleast he is mostly responsible.

Hecht is NOT part of our future. He offers us nothing.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:31 pm 
Star Sniper

Irony, there is a better chance of Brian Spencer and Larry Mickey returning from the grave to haunt the Sabres from the spirit world than there is of Jochen Hecht coming back to haunt them with another team.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 pm 
Star Sniper

...well, the proof will be in the first game of the season. And that'll be that.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm 
Page Side

End The Curse wrote:
Irony, there is a better chance of Brian Spencer and Larry Mickey returning from the grave to haunt the Sabres from the spirit world than there is of Jochen Hecht coming back to haunt them with another team.

This is true Irony.

He didn't have a bad season. His glaring imperfections just glared more than they had in years prior.

He's never been able to hit the net. He's never played very physical. He's never done anything magical with the puck.

He's like a grit player with no size and not grit.

How he got paid what he did I'll never know.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

hopefully he is one of the guys who loses his job to a young guy. hopefully they have the ball to send him to portland. heck i'd take kennedy up over hecht. heck i'd resign peca over hecht.

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 pm 
Penalty Killer

icehound wrote:
...well, the proof will be in the first game of the season. And that'll be that.

If he is a douche...........fuck him and ship him out! But due to the contractual obligations...he plays.....fuckin sucks

icehound
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:56 pm 
Star Sniper

PuckSniperPensel wrote:

Po-Ten-Shull...that dirty word the Sabres are sooooo in love with.

Markus
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 am 
Power Forward

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

This is true Irony.

He didn't have a bad season. His glaring imperfections just glared more than they had in years prior.

He's never been able to hit the net. He's never played very physical. He's never done anything magical with the puck.

He's like a grit player with no size and not grit.

Very very true. He doesn't do anything too badly, he just doesn't do anything.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 am 
Captain Dynasty

his past numbers are probably why he got that deal. he had some good years offensively. 52 points in 64 games, 49 in 74, numbers like that, for the prior 6 years.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:28 am 
Star Sniper

Anyone who thinks Darcy isd a good GM only needs to look at the contract he gave to this mediocre piece of shit.

"Every team needs a few players of this ilk", Darcy said.

Epic fail, clown.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 am 
Star Sniper

A career 45 points per season no-check, no fight, injury prone pussy gets over $3 million/year to show up for camp out of shape, bored and listless??

Buh-bye.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:53 am 
Captain Dynasty

averages 49 points per 82 game season. not too bad. lemme do the math minus last year. 51 points per 82 game season if you take out last years season.

that kind of production, should he meet it, is why i want to wait a little longer before i crucify him. i dont know if any of our prospects could meet that. obviously, theres more then stats, and i cant watch EVERY game (id say i watched 50 last year) so.. sometimes i can only go by stats. though, you do have to admitt, he seems to have a nose for the net, or did, late in the game (the flyers game where he tied it in the dying seconds, and his OT game winner over the pens a few years ago come to mind)

does that make any sense? do you at least see where im coming from? obviously, we have to agree to disagree. i wasnt happy with him last season either, nor am i excited about the reports of him from yesterday (does anyone know how he looked today?) but im still not ready yet.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 am 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
lemme do the math minus last year. 51 points per 82 game season if you take out last years season...you do have to admitt, he seems to have a nose for the net, or did, late in the game (the flyers game where he tied it in the dying seconds, and his OT game winner over the pens a few years ago come to mind)

I see someone making an endless stream of pathetic excuses for a bad, cowardly hockey player with a terrible, lazy attitude. Sorry.

Hey, wait, maybe if we only counted the games when he scored a goal we could project him out to be Mario Lemieux? You know, he's got that great "nose for the net" and all!!

Bahahahah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cut the fucker. Cut him yesterday.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:31 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Half point per game players shouldn't be making $3.5M a year. If they do, they better be playing Selke caliber defense. He ain't.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:19 am 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
averages 49 points per 82 game season. not too bad. lemme do the math minus last year. 51 points per 82 game season if you take out last years season.

that kind of production, should he meet it, is why i want to wait a little longer before i crucify him. i dont know if any of our prospects could meet that. obviously, theres more then stats, and i cant watch EVERY game (id say i watched 50 last year) so.. sometimes i can only go by stats. though, you do have to admitt, he seems to have a nose for the net, or did, late in the game (the flyers game where he tied it in the dying seconds, and his OT game winner over the pens a few years ago come to mind)

does that make any sense? do you at least see where im coming from? obviously, we have to agree to disagree. i wasnt happy with him last season either, nor am i excited about the reports of him from yesterday (does anyone know how he looked today?) but im still not ready yet.

The NHL has changed, and there is no room for a player like Jochen Hecht on our roster.

Remember, he put up those points in seasons where he was paired with highly offensive players and we weren't running a defensive system.

This is why guys like Tallinder and Hecht shined just 2 years ago.

That's not the case anymore. They're only getting older, and they've already become obsolete.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am 
Penalty Killer

icehound wrote:
Well, this goes back to the management's "blind spot" about feeling the need to play the "cap-hit" rather than the player.

How many times, over the past couple of seasons, have we seen perfectly serviceable players sitting in the press-box, while the big-salary players floated their way through game after game?

Ruff certainly has his favorites. But, I don't seem them being dictated by salary.

Vanek is a guy that has always had a very short leash with Lindy and he has the biggest contract on the team.

Hecht will be on the roster simply because Golisano will not pay the freight to either ship Hecht to Portland or simply buy him out.

Regier screwed up by giving Hecht the contract that he got.

Now giving Hecht a letter and any playing time issues, those are on Ruff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next