It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Los9090 wrote:
End The Curse wrote:
No, in hockey you are never allowed to be out of shape. Hecht is coming off a year in which he was perhaps the worst starting forward in the NHL, so his slack is beyond gone. He is a cancer.

Let me put this diplomatically: Cut the cock sucking pussy before he infects the whole team with his lazy fucker attitude. Cut him slack? No, cut him period. Saving half of his salary is better than getting fucked with the whole mother fucking thing.

So what're you trying to say? I don't get what you're getting at.

A whole lotta :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingwhite: makes me do a whole lotta :lol: :lol: :lol:

Melly317
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:44 am 
Power Forward

I don't understand how people can continue to back him. He's riding on his contract thinking that because he's signed he doesn't have to do shit. Cut him loose or send him down. Send a message to anyone else on the team that if they want to slack than they are going to have the same thing happen.

icehound
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 am 
Star Sniper

Well, this goes back to the management's "blind spot" about feeling the need to play the "cap-hit" rather than the player.

How many times, over the past couple of seasons, have we seen perfectly serviceable players sitting in the press-box, while the big-salary players floated their way through game after game?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Too often for any of our tastes

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
Penalty Killer

How many last minute rushes for a point to tie and Hecht on the ice....Vanek sitting, Rivet sitting.....How many lines turned to crap with Hecht.....Being out of shape and lazy on the first day sends a message to the others....why bother. SEND HIM HOME! Tell him dont come back until he's ready to play hockey like he's being paid to. Yell? bullshit! If I go to work with a hang over and cant perform my job to the utmost, I get sent packing...no questions asked...no excuses...no nothing. GO HOME! end of story. I wouldnt have let him on the ice. Out of shape? He's an insurance liability. The management, coaches, and owners coddle to this type of crap and for me, it is Hecht's burden for showing up like shit, and it is the office's burden to enable it.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Melly317 wrote:
I don't understand how people can continue to back him. He's riding on his contract thinking that because he's signed he doesn't have to do shit. Cut him loose or send him down. Send a message to anyone else on the team that if they want to slack than they are going to have the same thing happen.

because hes been a very good player ever sense he became a sabre 7 years ago. one year is just a small sample of what has been a nice career in buffalo. its mob mentality, and its for the most part unjustified. is that attitude acceptable? no, not in the long run. but its not the long run yet. not everyone is on, all the time. people have down years, where they cant focus and something just isnt clicking for them. its not an excuse, its a fact of life.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

A lot of the animosity directed toward Hecht stems from him being over paid by out 2 million dollars. And deservedly so - if he were making 2 million and had a season like he did last, there'd be a lot less raised torches and pitchforks.

icehound
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 pm 
Star Sniper

...I think that the "insult to injury" component has a lot to do with it, too - $3.5 mil plus bad season plus showing up at camp out of shape...

Total "WHATTHEFUCKDUDE!!" reaction.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm 
Star Sniper

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
not everyone is on, all the time. people have down years, where they cant focus and something just isnt clicking for them. its not an excuse, its a fact of life.

No, it's an excuse, and a lame one at that. Nobody is buying the shit your selling.

He has never been anything more than a journeyman talent who plays positional hockey. He had one semi-productive year, has always been a pussy, has always been reluctant to use his body, has always been passive and unwilling to give that high energy effort, and now he's coming off one of the worst seasons any player has ever had in Sabres history and shows up completely unprepared, unmotivated and out of shape?

No offense to you personally, but your argument is a fucking joke and it won't fly with any of us who are smart enough fans to know better.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Los9090
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Always been a pussy? He did put a good licking on Lecavalier last season, I believe Jochen gave him a black eye.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

While I loved that happening, he basically got one lucky lick in.

Know who got a good licking? Downie. He got fucked up pretty good by Mair. Then again, Downie always deserves a good licking.

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 pm 
Penalty Killer

Is that the one Mair got caugh on camera with his tongue hanging out and a look on his face like....yea fucker..I'm gonna own you! lamo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:40 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

No, that was during the Islanders brawl. I made a pretty epic demotivator out of that, too...lemme find it...right, here it is:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:24 pm 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
not everyone is on, all the time. people have down years, where they cant focus and something just isnt clicking for them. its not an excuse, its a fact of life.

No, it's an excuse, and a lame one at that. Nobody is buying the shit your selling.

He has never been anything more than a journeyman talent who plays positional hockey. He had one semi-productive year, has always been a pussy, has always been reluctant to use his body, has always been passive and unwilling to give that high energy effort, and now he's coming off one of the worst seasons any player has ever had in Sabres history and shows up completely unprepared, unmotivated and out of shape?

No offense to you personally, but your argument is a fucking joke and it won't fly with any of us who are smart enough fans to know better.

so, what your saying is im not smart enough, hockey wise, to know better? i think my posting history on hockey has been much better then a large portion of the boards. hes been very good as a sabre production wise, and has been one of their better two way guys, with last year being an exception. he has been about a 50 point guy, heck one season if he was healthy he would have been close to 70. im calling it as i see it, a bad year. one bad year. i dont think i should be deemed "hockey illiterate" for waiting to see the goods before i pull the plug.

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:01 pm 
Penalty Killer

I think like ice stated, the huge contract signed, the seemingly give a fuck attitude, Ruff playing him when he stated he would be in the press box and showing up a bloated out of shape slob are contributing factors to the animosity. If he were working his narrow ass off to get into a game mindset, then more would cut him some slack.......how long would anyone have someones back if they repeatedly threw shit at you and the boss backed them up for it?

Phil.......YEAH THATS THE ONE! Classic! love that shot.......comeer you fuck! Im gonna bend you over! lmfao!

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im not saying give him a free pass, or dont TRY and trade, or i have 18 hecht jerseys hanging in my closet. its not a good start to the season, no. but i am willing to wait a few weeks and see results before i send em off. thats all im saying. im not saying play him 30 minutes a game. haha.

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm 
Penalty Killer

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
im not saying give him a free pass, or dont TRY and trade, or i have 18 hecht jerseys hanging in my closet. its not a good start to the season, no. but i am willing to wait a few weeks and see results before i send em off. thats all im saying. im not saying play him 30 minutes a game. haha.

Agreed...but if he cant show up......if he cant cut it......run the fuck out of town. For me, the coaches, the pseudo-fans who dont have a clue other than a way to get out of the house, and the front offices enable this type of behavior. Perhaps he and the other slugs, we all know them, will step up....otherwise, no mercy...tar and feather the shit bags. We deserve the best that they can be......win or lose, try your best and dont be tread on or GTFO!....that all.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ill drink to that.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:30 pm 
Star Sniper

Irony, I don't doubt you know hockey, but I don't think you know Sabres hockey very if you believe Hecht is worth giving all those benefits of the doubt. He's completely worthless, and showing up to camp fat and unprepared just seals the deal.

This is not a touchy feely class where we look beyond our flaws and learn to love one another. It's professional hockey, and you don't get slack for slacking. He's an unsalvageable waste who needs to be terminated from the roster.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:33 pm 
Star Sniper

On a more ruthless/business-like/competitive team, he'd get sent down to the minors, or waived...It's a very bad start for a supposed team-leader and a veteran.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next