Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

slesh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am 
Franchise Defenseman

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/27/1 ... jured.html

and here:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... ed-up.html

Connolly, Kaleta are injured, possibly long term according to the article.

Hmmmm........this got me to thinking. Connolly out, (Center) Ennis in. Kaleta out (Right Wing) wouldn't it have been nice to see Mancari in.
Perhaps a Kennedy-Ennis-Mancari line? I would have loved to have seen that.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 am 
Franchise Defenseman

so who else is playing? Losing Patty and Timmy... only calling up Ennis... who was scratched last night? Torres? moving Sekera to wing?

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am 
Franchise Defenseman

and I agree, I would have liked to see Mancari back up as well... of course this doesn't help my push to get stafford off the top 2 lines....

E X C E L L E N C E

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 am 
Sober enough to run a server

Lovely.

At least it's not upper body for Connolly.

It'll be good to get another look at Ennis though.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 am 
Franchise Defenseman

A "bruised foot" eh? I hope that's a lot more painful than it sounds. Well, I am excitied to see more of Ennis, but any long term injury to either Connolly or Kaleta is very worrying.

VanekKing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:06 pm 
Penalty Killer

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
A "bruised foot" eh? I hope that's a lot more painful than it sounds. Well, I am excitied to see more of Ennis, but any long term injury to either Connolly or Kaleta is very worrying.

Im confused.. Why would you want it to be more painful than it sounds?

KILL OTTAWA

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:07 pm 
Power Forward

Bruised feet are always tricky. he got it from a blocked shot i remember that. They fuckin hurt. But i think connolly is hungry he will be back soon. Kaleta on the other hand has been banged up all year. Eat your spinach boys and get back out there.

Ennis i like though.. you think he will play slack ass in playoff atmosphere? Hell no.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

VanekKing wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

Because it sounds wimpy, like throw some ice on it, elevate it, and be ready to go tomorrow.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 pm 
Power Forward

Can't wait to see Ennis back in the lineup hopefully he does well and produces this way it might force Darcy's hand.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

SabresBillsFan wrote:
Can't wait to see Ennis back in the lineup hopefully he does well and produces this way it might force Darcy's hand.

Into what? Disobeying the rules to keep him up here or forcing him to consider Ennis for the team next season?

And about Connolly being out... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not again! I hope it's something that's easy to get over because god knows he doesn't need another injury.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 pm 
Power Forward

Van_Da_Man wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Into what? Disobeying the rules to keep him up here or forcing him to consider Ennis for the team next season?

And about Connolly being out... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not again! I hope it's something that's easy to get over because god knows he doesn't need another injury.

Keeping Ennis up for next season. He's got some serious talent is very good with the puck. It's sucks losing Connolly because he's been pretty darn good this year. I would have thought Gaustad was one that might be injuried after he made a faceplant and landed awkward into the boards last night.

Bauter88
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 pm 
Power Forward

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
VanekKing wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

Because it sounds wimpy, like throw some ice on it, elevate it, and be ready to go tomorrow.

Sounds wimpy??? Have you ever had a bruised foot.. it hurts like a mother fucker... he took a puck off the instep (IIRC) it hurts... BAD

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:38 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Bauter88 wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
VanekKing wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

Sounds wimpy??? Have you ever had a bruised foot.. it hurts like a mother fucker... he took a puck off the instep (IIRC) it hurts... BAD

Never took a puck shot to the foot, but I've had feet bruises so bad that I invented new shades of purple. It hurts, and you pretty much have to stay off it. But long term injury sounds like overdoing it.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm 
Power Forward

Bauter88 wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
VanekKing wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

I totally agree I just had one a few months ago and had some trouble walking on it for awhile and it hurts like a mofo.

It definetly sucks to lose Connolly and Kaleta. We could have lose a couple of other mediocre players but not them two.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm 
Power Forward

My gf just got a bruised foot after being in a car accident....It hurt her for at least 2 weeks, and when she walked she wore a foot thingie

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

Maestro
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:38 pm 
Career AHL'er

What bull shit. Darcy Regier was on WGR yesterday and he was asked by Schopp and the Bulldog if he wants Lindy to go out and get 2nd seed at all cost.... Darcy said "absolutely". He said, you want to be as high of a seed as possible in the playoffs.

So, 2 forwards get hurt and let's play a d-men as the 12th forward? WTF? Call up Mancari to help try to score, or Gerbe, or ass toughness by McCormick or Cowen. What a bunch of bull shit this team keeps telling us.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 pm 
Power Forward

Maestro wrote:
What bull shit. Darcy Regier was on WGR yesterday and he was asked by Schopp and the Bulldog if he wants Lindy to go out and get 2nd seed at all cost.... Darcy said "absolutely". He said, you want to be as high of a seed as possible in the playoffs.

So, 2 forwards get hurt and let's play a d-men as the 12th forward? WTF? Call up Mancari to help try to score, or Gerbe, or ass toughness by McCormick or Cowen. What a bunch of bull shit this team keeps telling us.

What do you expect it's Darcy were talking about. I can't stand the guy and he's far too conservative and hasn't done anything in the last 3 years to better this team thru trades. It's always build thru the draft!

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Maestro wrote:

We;re too close to the Salary Cap. We can only bring up 1.8M worth of Salary since neither Connolly nor Kaleta are on the LTIR.

Ennis is .875K plus his bonus, whatever that is, and Mancari is .575, so I'm gussing Ennis' bonus is around 300K or so, and it would cause us to go over the salary cap

Squanto 7/27/2010

VanekKing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:12 pm 
Penalty Killer

SabresBillsFan wrote:

What do you expect it's Darcy were talking about. I can't stand the guy and he's far too conservative and hasn't done anything in the last 3 years to better this team thru trades. It's always build thru the draft!

And building through the draft is best for the long term.. Why else have we been one of the better teams in the NHL for Darcy's entire stay in Buffalo? We went to multiple ECFs thanks to him not screwing away our draft picks..

KILL OTTAWA

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:12 pm 
Captain Clutch

Kaleta did look like crap after he kissed the wall on the Fisher hit. I'm assuming they did some xrays after the game and maybe found a fracture or something. Losing Kaleta when we still have another game against Ottawa isn't good. He may also be useful during the playoffs. Hopefully they'll both be back on time for the run

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.