It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: GERBE GETS THE CALL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:07 pm 
Hart Winner

VanekKing wrote:
Dreakon wrote:
Roy, Kennedy, Ennis and Gerbe. Man, we'll have a tiny team down the stretch lol.

it's not the size, it's how you use it.. that's what my gf tells me.. lol jk..

ZING!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm 
Hart Winner

Ennis> Gerbe+Mancari
Ennis= FUCK YEAH.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:56 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

MakinItLookMean wrote:
it will be cool to see 3 prospects in the line up at the same time....i hope they do well

Should make for a good game on VS tomorrow for me. Hopefully they can't find anything interesting to say about boston or crosby and talk about Ennis & the Buffalo's. 8-)

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

This should be exciting.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:21 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:
it will be cool to see 3 prospects in the line up at the same time....i hope they do well

Should make for a good game on VS tomorrow for me. Hopefully they can't find anything interesting to say about boston or crosby and talk about Ennis & the Buffalo's. 8-)

is there such a thing as a good game on Versus. The analysts suck, the announcers, are not as into to the game as RJ. though it will be interesting to see if ennis can string together good games.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

psychemedisabrefan wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
MakinItLookMean wrote:

is there such a thing as a good game on Versus. The analysts suck, the announcers, are not as into to the game as RJ. though it will be interesting to see if ennis can string together good games.

Well duh, but when you live in wisconsin, you take what you can get.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

slesh
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Could we be looking at a glimpse of next seasons roster with all of these calls ups?

I see Mancari, Ennis and Weber up next season for sure.
But Gerbe, Gragnani and Enroth could be up as well.

This looks like the changing of the guard that some of us have been waiting for. I don't see Stafford in a Sabres jersey next season, probably dealt on draft day.

Mair, Lydman, Tallinder and Torres are most likely not going to return. Although Tallinder may be questionable.
I also see the potential for Butler or Sekera being dealt.

The way I am looking at it, next seasons roster will include the following:
Forwards
Vanek, Roy, Connolly, Pomminville, Kennedy, Ennis, Gaustad, Mancari, Hecht, Kaleta.
This is 10 of 12 forward positions. I am looking at Ellis, Grier, Gerbe and Kassian as potentials for these last 2 spots.
Defense
Rivet, Montador, Myers, Weber.
This is 4 of 6 (7 if we carry the extra D man). I am looking at Butler/Sekera/Gragnani and the possiblity of Tallinder.

I am looking forward to this run of games with the youngsters. They should be hungry, and as some have pointed out, some of these guys have found chemistry with others on the roster.

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Garbage Man

slesh wrote:
I don't see Stafford in a Sabres jersey next season, probably dealt on draft day.

This mgmt group/coach/organization seems way too infatuated with Drews potential to deal him, even though we all know his potential seems to be about 5 and a half feet deep at this point.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm 
Hart Winner

I don't care as long as we have Grier and Ennis up here next season. Ennis is beginning to be one of my favorite players.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

grier is a free agent next season.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
grier is a free agent next season.

Hopefully we can keep him for one more, he's a good guy to have around.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:13 pm 
Penalty Killer

Grier is part of that veteran presence that has been so badly needed on this team. I really think we need to keep him, plus Tallinder & Lydman. I don't care if you deal Butler & Sekera.

I worry about Kaleta. If Mair goes, who drops the gloves next year? Mair seems to have gotten a wake-up call since his trip through waivers.

slesh
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Nuthatch wrote:
Grier is part of that veteran presence that has been so badly needed on this team. I really think we need to keep him, plus Tallinder & Lydman. I don't care if you deal Butler & Sekera.

I worry about Kaleta. If Mair goes, who drops the gloves next year? Mair seems to have gotten a wake-up call since his trip through waivers.

There is no way they keep Lydman. There is just too much of a log jam at Defense and it doesn't appear as though its going to stop. We already dealt Paetsch. Granted, he wasn't the keeper we needed, but, if you look at what we have here now and look at how many in the next consecutive 3 seasons that will be ready or seasoned, Lydman and Tallinder become expendable due to their age as this progresses.

I will say though, Tallinder will most likely get a contract extension offer and I would like to see a 3 year extension, that would put him at around 34/35 when that contract would expire.
For some reason, they like to hang on to Butler, I'm not a fan of his.
I also don't see the team resigning Montador or Rivet at the end of next season.

Weber is definitely coming up next season, he is ready. Gragnani is just about there as well.
So I can see the following players as regulars in Buffalo after next season.
Myers-Tallinder
Weber-Sekera/Gragnani
Butler-Rivet/(maybe an outside signing)
By this time you'll have Brennan, Schiestal and Generous as potentials.
I don't think we are hurting in the defensive dept. at all and the longer the team holds off bringing these potentials up, the more and more likely they will loose them to FA.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:38 pm 
Cup Winner

Butler is the least of our worries, sophomore slump I'd say from him. If he doesn't rebound next year then there is a problem.

He is still too young to just throw under the bus.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Maestro
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 am 
Career AHL'er

Nuthatch wrote:

Grier is the veteran presence here, i hope they replace Grier with another "Grier type" player but someone a bit younger. They will have the money to do so.

And i don't see Lydman coming back. Maybe not even Hank. Butler and Sekera will be back, let's not kid ourselves.

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am 
Garbage Man

Does this mean Ennis goes back down?
It was my understanding that only Vanek got hurt, so shouldn't only one person come up?
Or, is it because Kaleta and Connolly were hurt and only Ennis replaced them and we're going back to rotating Butler and Sekera?

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

The latter - Gerbe, Ennis, and Mancari are filling in for Vanek, Connolly, and Kaleta. Butler and Sekera will go back to rotating.

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
The latter - Gerbe, Ennis, and Mancari are filling in for Vanek, Connolly, and Kaleta. Butler and Sekera will go back to rotating.

Thank god. I want to see if Ennis is the real deal. He reminds me of Kane with his skating and stature. He's very shifty.
And thanks for clarifying that for me.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I expected Gerbe, but i also thought maybe they would throw sekera on the wing and have weber come up. Did butler look that much like crap that lindy is going back to the rotating idea.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 am 
Superstar Goalie

I think moving Lydman would be a bad idea. Ideally, you start with Myers, Tallinder, Lydman, and then fill in the gaps. Weber and Sekera could be two of them; I agree that Butler, Montador and Rivet can be lost without much of a fan uproar, and we might even get something in return.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next